Help yourself! I am not speaking of the godless self but the regenerated self, possessed by Christ. One of the most important verses in God’s Word is John 4:14: “Whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life” (NKJV).
This life-giving water is for us. Here is proof that everything you need in this life was given to you when Christ came into your heart.
• “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink” (John 7:37-38).
• “As his divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us by glory and virtue…” (2 Peter 1:3).
• “That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him” (Ephesians 1:17).
• “And what is the exceeding greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his mighty power” (Ephesians 1:19).
• “Make you complete in every good work to do his will, working in you what is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever…” (Hebrews 13:21).
• “Now to him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us…” (Ephesians 3:20).
• “That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might through his Spirit in the inner man…” (Ephesians 3:16).
• “[He has] raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus “ (Ephesians 2:6).
• “But if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you” (Romans 8:11).
There is a great, indescribable power within me! I sense it. It is a feeling that an explosion of greatness can break forth. This power is the Holy Spirit, and he knows and sees all. He alone has all the answers we need. Everyone who calls Christ Lord and trusts in him has the Holy Spirit in him to help make life abundant and glad!