While all the foundations of the world are shaking, Satan roars like a lion, and there is confusion, violence and uncertainty. Those who trust in the Lord, though, will see God’s salvation with hearts and minds at peace. They can enjoy rest and sweet sleep, unafraid of conditions around them.
I give you some glorious promises of God for all who trust in him in these perilous times.
• “As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; he is a shield to all who trust in him” (2 Samuel 22:31, NKJV).
• “Show your marvelous lovingkindness by your right hand, O you who save those who trust in you from those who rise up against them” (Psalm 17:7).
• “Oh, how great is your goodness, which you have laid up for those who fear you, which you have prepared for those who trust in you in the presence of the sons of men” (Psalm 31:19)!
• “You shall hide them in the secret place of your presence from the plots of man; you shall keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues” (Psalm 31:20).
• “Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord” (Psalm 31:24).
• “Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in him, and he shall bring it to pass” (Psalm 37:5).
• “But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; he is their strength in the time of trouble. And the Lord shall help them and deliver them; he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him” (Psalm 37:39-40).
• “In God (I will praise His word), in God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me” (Psalm 56:4)?
• “Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah” (Psalm 62:8).
• “Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever” (Psalm 125:1).
• “The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe” (Proverbs 29:25).
The only safeguard against Satan’s evil devices is to face him with the promises of God. God’s Word is still all-powerful, and the devil still trembles when we stand firm with this sword in hand. Today, now, take your stand.